In the area of intervention epidemiology, EpiConcept performs missions to guide and advise partners and conducts studies throughout the world.
Carried out by senior epidemiologists, EpiConcept services are aimed at bringing operations support to its partners and supply solutions adapted to each specific terrain.
Areas of Intervention
- Epidemiological surveillance
- Applied research
- Scientific communications
- Advise the software development team by verifying the appropriateness of the analyses and reviewing the proposed IT solutions.
- 9 full-time epidemiologists based in France, the UK, Madagascar, and Spain
- A network of international consultants
- Collegues with Masters in public health and/or PhDs, and with practical training through the Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) programme, Field Epidemiology Training programme (FETP), or EPIET (European Program for Intervention Epidemiology Training)
The team is managed by Dr Alain Moren.
- International Organisations: World Health Organization (WHO), European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), Indian Ocean Commission, and others.
- National administrations of public health : Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
- Private organisations : Sanofi Pasteur-MSD, Sanofi Pasteur, GlaxoSmith Kline (GSK) and European Vaccine Manufacturers (EVM).
See more information about our references.
ESCAIDE November 2013, Stockholm Sweden
Influenza vaccine effectiveness estimates from the I-MOVE multicentre case-control study in Europe, 2012-13: moderate vaccine effectiveness for all circulating types and subtypes.
Low to moderate vaccine effectiveness against laboratory confirmed influenza hospitalisation among high risk population in Europe in 2012-13: a multicentre test negative case control study.
Food-poisoning outbreak and fatality following ingestion of sea-turtle meat in the rural community of Ndrondroni, Mohéli Island, Comoros, December 2013
European Network of Centres for Pharmacoepidemiology
EpiConcept has become a partner center in the ENCePP (European Network of Centres for Pharmacoepidemiology & Pharmacovigilance) which is coordinated by the European Medicines Agency and mandated by the EU. Studies in Pharmacoepidemiology & Pharmacovigilance conducted by EpiConcept adhere to the ENCePP guidelines on Methodological Standards whose goals are the promotion of scientific independence and transparency. The studies are available in the ENCePP E-Register of Studies, a publicly accessible resource.